There three steps to apply for the M.A. in Emerging Media Design & Development.
Along with your application, you will need to arrange to have your most recent transcripts sent to the university.
While your transcripts are in route, you should send these materials to Jenn.
- A current resume
- A 1,000-word statement of purpose, which should explain your reason for applying to the program and specifically how the coursework and lab experience will enhance your career
- 2,500-5,000-word academic or professional writing sample, which should demonstrate an ability to complete formal writing projects.
- A design or creative portfolio, which should illustrate your skill set. There are no specific requirements for this. Instead, you should showcase what you have made.
Two Things You Will Not Need
- We have removed the GRE as a requirement for admission into our program; and
- While we don’t require letters of recommendation, there is a form on the Application page if you believe they will enhance your case.
Funding: Graduate Assistantships
We also encourage you to both apply for both the Department of Journalism graduate assistantships, and other assistantships across the campus. Oftentimes, our candidates are ideally suited for work in other departments because of their media and technological savvy.