Books + Publishing
- George-Palilonis, J. & King, B. (2012). A framework for authoring interactive, tablet-based books: Multimedia textbooks and multi-platform storytelling. International Journal of the Book 10 (1), 19-28.
- George-Palilonis, J. & Belcher, J. (2009). Visualizing electricity & magnetism: The collaborative development of a multimedia text, a case study. The International Journal of the Book 6 (2), 107-114.
- George-Palilonis, J. & King, J.B. (2007). The Ball State Digital Publishing Project: An experimental approach to the future of the book. The International Journal of the Book 4 (4), 63-70.
- George-Palilonis, J. & Bolchini, D. (2014). SMART Note: Student-centered active reading tools for tablet textbooks. Design, User Experience and Usability – Lecture Notes in Computer Science 8519, 217-229.
- George-Palilonis, J., Butler, D. & Leidig-Farmen, P. (2013). Design Interactive: A nonlinear, multimedia approach for teaching introduction to visual communication and principles of design. Journal of Educational Multimedia & Hypermedia 22 (1), 335-351.
- George-Palilonis, J. & Filak, V. (2010). Visuals, path control, and knowledge gain: Variables that affect students’ approval and enjoyment of a multimedia text as a learning tool. International Journal of E-Learning 9 (4), 463-480.
- George-Palilonis, J., Hanley, M. and Tanksale, V. (2009). Research informed design: Process, experience, and results from students and their audiences. The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association, 6 (2), 37-47.
News + Journalism
- Clendenin, L., Stuckey, D., Culpepper, M., & Moloney, K. (2016, October 10). Transmedia journalism expands storytelling for deeper impact.
- George-Palilonis, J., Smith, K., Smith, S. Hanley, M., Tanksale, V. & Flook, C. (2010). Creating smartphone interactive news and advertising content. The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association 7 (1), 45-54.
- Moloney, K. (2013). Transmedia Journalism as a Post-Digital Narrative. Presented at the Fourteenth Annual Convention of the Media Ecology Association, Grand Valley State University.
- Moloney, K. (2015a). Future of Story: Transmedia Journalism and National Geographic’s Future of Food Project (dissertation). University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- Moloney, K. (2015b, December). The Human Landscape: Documenting a sense of place through people, politics, culture and environment. Workshop, public lecture and solo exhibition presented at the Roberto Mata Taller de Fotografia, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Moloney, K., Clendenin, L., Stuckey, D., & Culpepper, M. (2016, August). Transmedia Journalism. Professional Organization Conference presented at the National Association of Black Journalists and National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Washington, D.C.
- Moloney, K. (2017a, January). Multi-Platform Storytelling in Journalism. Webinar presented at the DigitalEd @ Mediashift, Online.
- Moloney, K. (2017b, December). Transmedia Storytelling in Journalism. Webinar presented at the DigitalEd @ Mediashift, Online.
- Moloney, K. T. (2018). Designing Transmedia Journalism Projects. In R. R. Gambarato & G. C. Alzamora (Eds.), Exploring Transmedia Journalism in the Digital Age. IGI Global.
- Spillman, M. & George-Palilonis, J. (2013). Storytelling with interactive graphics: An analysis of editors’ attitudes and practices. Visual Communication Quarterly 20 (1), 20-27.
Storytelling + Story Forms
- George-Palilonis, J. & Spillman, M. (2011). Interactive Graphics Development (IGD): A framework for studying innovative visual story forms. Visual Communication Quarterly 18 (3), 167-177.
- Moloney, K., & Unger, M. (2014). Transmedia Storytelling in Science Communication: One Subject , Multiple Media, Unlimited Stories. In J. L. Drake, Y. Y. Kontar, & G. S. Rife (Eds.), New Trends in Earth-Science Outreach and Engagement (Vol. 38, pp. 109–120). New York, N.Y: Springer International Publishing.
- Moloney, K. (2015, February). Photography is Dead. Long Live Photography! Invited talk presented at the ATLAS Speaker Series, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Moloney, K. (2016, September 13). What’s the secret of this photograph? The Guardian.
- Moloney, K. (2018). Transmedia Photography. In Routledge Companion to Transmedia Studies. New York, N.Y.: Routledge.
Usability & User Experience
- George-Palilonis, J. & Butler, D. (forthcoming). Active Reading Experience Questionnaire: Development and validation of an instrument for studying active reading activities. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Interactive Learning Research.
- Rohani, R., George-Palilonis, P. & Bolchini, D. (2013). Mobile web browsing with aural flows: An exploratory study. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (IJHCI) 29 (11), 717-742.